6 startups qualify for the final of the everis Award Spain 2019
The finalists will present their projects in October in a date when the winner of the everis Award Spain will be chosen to compete in the international final of the Award with the national winners from 9 countries in Europe and Latin America in November.
The everis Award Spain, as part of the 18th edition of the everis Awards to entrepreneurship, has its finalists. Nearly 30 Spanish startups, selected from more than 730 applications, have presented their projects in Madrid before a jury of experts, responsible for selecting two finalists for each category of the Award: Industrial Technologies, New Business Models in the Digital Economy and Biotechnology and Health.
These are the six finalists:
- Heat energía (Madrid): Startup aimed at creating panels that generate renewable energy.
- Smart Break Bulb (Madrid): Device for the detection and signaling of slowdowns in vehicles.
Biotechnology and Health
- Washercap (Pamplona): A system for soft connective tissue fixation for the reconstruction of the anterior cruciate ligament (ACL) of the knee.
- ABLE (Barcelona): Creation and distribution of a lightweight, easy-to-use and inexpensive exoskeleton to help people with disabilities walk.
New Models in the Digital Economy
- Liight. (Madrid): Startup to motivate users to be more sustainable in their everyday life. Thanks to gamification, smart city systems and artificial intelligence, actions such as the use of public transport, cycling or recycling are encouraged.
- PPa – People´s Protection App (Madrid): Biometric recognition software linked to an app that enables the reliable identification of groups that do not have an identity document to generate efficiency and facilitate interoperability in humanitarian aid projects.
The six finalists have access to counselling services offered by Elzaburu in intellectual property matters, as well as mentoring services by i-deals, a company of the everis Group specializing in technological entrepreneurship to help them prepare for the final of the everis Award Spain to be held in October in Madrid.
The Spanish winner will obtain €30 000, counselling services and access to the international final of the everis Award, where candidates will compete for an additional prize of €60 000 with the national winners of Argentina, Belgium, Brazil, Chile, Colombia, Italy, Mexico, Peru and Portugal.
As a novelty, this year the Global everis Award will be presented during the everis‑talent‑week, a forum dedicated to promote entrepreneurship through different activities such as seminars, conferences and round tables linked to innovation and entrepreneurship, among others.
Participation in the Open Innovation Contest of NTT DATA
Once again this year, everis Foundation offers semifinalist projects the possibility of participating in the Open Innovation Contest, an initiative of NTT DATA, the Japanese subsidiary to which everis belongs.
Foundations and leading companies of the sector have met to discuss the possibilities of dynamizing the labor market after the serious consequences of the COVID-19.
The program, which promotes the inclusion of girls through the mentorship of female leaders in various spheres of society, will now benefit, in addition to kids from public schools, those associated to the social institution. Furthermore, all training and mentoring meetings will take place digitally.
How to fly a drone, how to design an app or how to create your own video game will be some of the topics that will be worked on with the children from July 7 to 16.
This activity will take place online on June 26th, at 16:00, with the help of volunteer trainers from the Foundation.