Seven international projects move on to the final "BlockchAngel" challenge to stop violence against women, children and the elderly
A system to register and report crimes online and with legal validity or a hidden and free app capable of protecting the victims through a video, voice and geolocation system, among the finalists of the Challenge.
everis foundation and the Inter-American Development Bank have announced the seven finalist projects of the Blockchangel Challenge (Blockchain - Challenge - Angel), which aims to select the best solutions that, through blockchain technology, prevent, mitigate and control the abuse, mistreatment and violence to women, children and elderly with direct application in Latin America and the Caribbean.
A challenge aimed at entrepreneurs, companies, startups, NGOs and foundations. The winning project, which will be announced on 7 October, will receive business and technological support and funding for its acceleration and may become an essential tool in the fight against this overwhelming social problem.
Almost 8,000 women have been murdered in the last two years in Latin America and the Caribbean under the figure of femicide. The rate in this region is double that of other regions of the world. And so, nearly 300 million children are victims of some kind of violence, 130 million students experience cases of bullying and some 15 million adolescents have suffered forced sex at some point in their lives. In addition, there is a growing number of elderly people who are abused within the family.
Seven finalist projects
PANOPTICO GUARDIAN is a Cordoba-based solution from the company "No solo software" which, through the use of cloud technology, records, reports and manages online crimes with legal validity. And, thanks to an audio and video system, it can be delivered to the competent authorities. In short, it is a surveillance system that facilitates 24/7 recording of the moment of violence recorded automatically.
- Alertatel Sinergias, from Argentina, presents a web platform that records the victims, their personal data and history. An integrated solution with an anti-panic button from a mobile phone that can create an alert for situations of violence. At the same time, an interactive map is being developed which, by georeference, offers this alert situation to public services.
- HEHOP, a project from France, is an integrated application that allows victims to capture evidence using their mobile devices and automatically send it to an encrypted server to avoid any kind of manipulation.
- PRO@ME is a Madrid-based proposal that offers "protection against violence with only your voice". Unlike other existing projects, it is based on an integrated system via a call centre that can interact with video, voice and geolocation anonymously.
- Resilience without violence, from Mexico, presents a digital tool that provides documentary support in trials, even recording micro aggressions.
- Artemis, a project in Belgium that helps poorly educated women find jobs that match their skills to achieve independence and establish safe and free environments.
- SOS Confidential, from the USA, is a mobile application for reporting abuse that provides victims with a micro App, "REM SOS", that can be activated with a couple of clicks to report any warning or incident.
The Challenge is promoted by everis foundation and the Inter-American Development Bank (IDB), through BID LAB, the Group's innovation laboratory, within the framework of the global alliance for the development of the blockchain ecosystem in Latin America and the Caribbean (LACChain).
With this challenge, the organizers aim to provide solutions to social problems through technological innovation, objectives shared by the IDB, IDB Lab, LACCHAIN and everis foundation, each from its own field of action.
everis Netherlands and the everis foundation announced Goal 3 as the winner of the first edition of the everis Awards Nederland.
IDOVEN has developed a solution based on Artificial Intelligence in the cloud with washable technology with which it will be possible to detect, early on, cardiac arrhythmias and sudden death, an ailment that affects more than 30,000 people a year in Spain.
Mindcotine will receive 1,500 euros and mentoring for the development of its project and will participate in the international final of the everis Award to compete for an additional 60,000€.
Autoresponder.ai is an application that has managed to free up artificial intelligence for the benefit of entrepreneurs all over the world, allowing them to start automating their sales.